PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ponzi scheme targeting crew - Beware - do not become a victim.
Old 25th Nov 2015, 07:15
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't argue with your points made no nonsense - for the record I was actually one of the fools suckered into F1 several years ago (fortunately for only a very small amount relative to many of our brethren), so I'm now fully aware of the need for due diligence.

The point is, none of us (and I suspect you are included) are professional accountants/forensic money trail analysts and all work off a 'hunch' be it positive or negative!

Several crew ask our opinion because they perceive that pilots are intelligent when it comes to money and investments - the sad reality is that none of us are or we'd have retired long ago!! I basically tell them that I don't know if it's a ponzi or not, but I DO tell them to NEVER borrow money to put into it, however if they have a spare $20k laying around, which if they lost it wouldn't cause them to top themselves, then the potential gain could outweigh the risk.

There are many who have done and continue to do well from this particular scheme for the last 5 years (I know several of them - not all pilots - and some VERY intelligent chaps).

What I do find disturbing is the 'glee' and excitement that some of you seem to pervey at the mere thought that it may collapse thus harming some people you work with just because they decided to take a risk (calculated or otherwise) to potentially better their lives and escape here a few years earlier.........Each to their own, live and let live etc etc

Last edited by Oblaaspop; 25th Nov 2015 at 09:07.