PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ponzi scheme targeting crew - Beware - do not become a victim.
Old 25th Nov 2015, 00:52
nonsense

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Oblaaspop
It is my understanding that Exential 'promise' nothing. They have apparently achieved between 7-9% on average per month for the last few years.
"Apparently". Claimed.

Unlike other 'ponzi' schemes, Exential encourage you to withdraw your returns every month as there is no return paid on 'profit' only the contracts you have - this doesn't really fit with the classic ponzi model (such as F1) which encourages you to leave all money in the fund, thus ON PAPER you appear rich!
Look at the frenzied behaviour of the so called investors. Exential don't need to retain returns in worthless paper accounts if enough of the suckers choose to "reinvest" their supposed returns, rather than take cash.

Incidentally, I'm neither a promotor nor detractor of this scheme, but I do hear that guys HAVE got their returns this month despite a thread gloating to the contrary!
You do understand that a ponzi does hand over returns for a while to suck in more victims?