PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Free Win 10 upgrade?'
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2015, 23:43
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
EDIT: Quick read through. Oh. Yes, my kit is probably on the cusp. The Sony Vaio however is already 64. Seems such a shame not to be using it. See below.

Well, in the past, Pro carried some privileges Home didn't. Like, rolling back from 8 to 7. I just wondered if it might be wise, and not more costly, to go there at the same time as upping to 64.

On my PC, I've got 4 gigs of memory with the 3 gig limitation. Just wondered if it might be a good idea to reap that wasted area.

The only reason I've not gone to the Vaio i7 laptop as my main computer is that even when the LG screen is connected, the colours don't seem to have the same 'depth'. I've posted on this, and indeed loaded the latest Nvidia drivers, but still the 1600 res screen seems poor compared to all other laptops I've seen. Fiddling with the settings has made some improvement, but it looks kind of unnatural.

It's a pity, because 1600 seems a perfect compromise in terms of res. The pinnacle of monitor/cards for me was an Asuz exec laptop into their 21" screen. A breathtaking combination. However, while it was fine for looking into the watch mechanisms I was restoring, for day-to-day use it was trying. 1440 is great for editing/proof reading.

My LG is 1440 but offeres LG's usual higher refresh rate which I value. But hey, I'm an oddity - I could even read the Dowty label on my spinning propellers.

Thanks for the help. I'll be back in the loop on the morrow.

Last edited by Loose rivets; 24th Nov 2015 at 23:58.