PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on extrasystoles
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2015, 14:32
flymo253

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little update: I saw another doctor today (rhythmology) who conducted an ECG. Guess what... the ECG was perfectly normal. No extrasystoles, no nothing. The doctor also had a look at the report of the 24 hour ECG. During the 24 hour ECG I had about 15% extrasystoles. BUT.. since I have a healthy heart without other symptons or complaints such as dyspnoea, dizziness etc. it is nothing to worry about. Further more there is no reason to treat them, he said. So why did I have so many extrasystoles during my 24 hour ECG and none during my ECG today? As I already mentioned, I used to consume about two to three litres of green tea a day (which cotains lots of caffeine and theine). I haven't been drinking ANY kind of caffeine now for the last two weeks. According to the doc, it is very likely that this absurd quantity of green tea caused my extrasystoles. He recommended to do another 24 hour ECG to see whether this is the case.

I will call my AME tomorrow and tell him about this. Let's wait for his reaction.. I also wonder if 15% of extrasystoles makes me "fit to fly" (though with OML)?

Thank you Radgirl for your help!