PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alouette
Thread: Alouette
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2003, 00:23
cpt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whatsarunway, I don't know this company's name but generally speaking , pilots and engineers who where operating Lamas and are now on B3' , prefer the B3, I have heard engineers admitting that the B3 had "changed their life"! it is also much more economic to operate.

Lamas and Alouettes indeed require a lot of maintenance in comparison....I don't have a lot of mountain flying experience, but rather on seismic jobs....and I should admit I still prefer Lamas and Alouettes when I have the choice...I feel the B3 not really designed for tough aerial work and no so "pilot friendly" it also lacks the versability we can get on an Alouette 3 If sling payloads are much better with the B3, they vary a lot with density altitude, and when we have to change the configuration very often (internal cargo, camp moves, stretchers, passengers, sling etc...) I find the B3 becomes more like a nightmare....but I've never liked the "squirrels" very much, too much rubbish plastic and unreliable electrical circuits!