PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2015, 23:33
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotland/MAN

The simple fact here is Scotland are way ahead of MAN in terms of growth rate and they should be considering shap capacity increases from FR moving to GLA, Westjet, FR/EZY big growth at EDI as well as a string of new airlines.

Everybody can make excuses and dress it up how they like by saying they are starting from a lower figure, the fact remains that all airports are starting from prior year figures and the growth rate in % terms will still come out the same.

I browse here now and again and there was nothing significant in capacity terms announced at MAN, you got a few big names in but the reality is capacity wise it isn't much when you look at the bigger picture using FR adding around 1 million if not more seats at GLA. BTW I dont need a big list of what changes happened this year.

They are growing steadily however call a spade a spade here if it was the other way round I don't think you would see such excuses been posted on GLA/EDI and here would be full of congratulations (nothing wrong with that).

As pointed out by a few there has been some big capacity increases added by based carriers in 2016 as well as a few big names arriving. Its those announcements which should deliver a much higher % increase in figures.

On a final note since RY3 approval I have never come accross such media scrutiny and moaning about articles, nobody cares as most people who read take it with a pinch of salt. Very few credible journalists around today.

Some are just a tab over sensitive about PR related to MAN when there isn't anything bad to get worked up about and when there is bad PR its usually warranted such as diversions/handling...