PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2015, 17:19
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The clamour for runway 3 is I believe based on connectivity using the current model with BA connections to the regions.
Genuine question, given IAG don't want LHR opened up to competition anymore than BA wanted VS or BR at LHR at all, and also given Willie Walsh publically saying he doesn't see it happening and even if it does he thinks the price is too high, (Shed is at one with the man) and also any new regional connections would at most be < 20 rotations max, how does that drive a business case for a whole new runway? It's a political argument not a business case, I think. The money to pay for any new tarmac won't be made in a cut throat domestic market.

When BA flew out of MAN long haul, they offered F on the TriStar, then the B763 and in later years as Club ate into the F market, dropped F in favour of a dedicated two class B763 offering CY only. Perhaps leave LHR to the LHR thread maybe? I have given up as there's nothing new to say.

The Delta JFK flights are odd as all outbound transatlantics are supposed to be in the DL400* range as they're all out of T4, the return flights were not so numbered. It makes no sense to me but the idea was to help pax get the terminal right.

Last edited by Skipness One Foxtrot; 23rd Nov 2015 at 22:17.