PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - supersonic no more
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2015, 17:02
pax britanica

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
Ken V

The politics of envy (altho I have no desire to own a machine like this much as I love aircraft, so envy doesn't come into it) are almost always self defeating, but there is one little word in there you seem to have overlooked-'almost'.

And I think this is one of the cases where it isnt. It cannot be manufactured anywhere except USA France and Germany , possibly UK .

it will be hugely expensive and portrayed as a horrendous environmental harm device making it unlikely any public corporations would buy it .

It can easily be distinguished from any other business jet so a different tax rate can easily be applied .

Governments always like to slap down uppity rich people when they get the chance -which isnt often because mega rich people have a lot of influence but no one will buy the story in this case

It might cost a few jobs but only a few and anyone working on this project would have to be pretty special because of the technology and can easily get work elsewhere.

So I am not playing the politics of envy just saying this is one of those occasional steps too far