PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help researching 1961 Electra crash
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2015, 16:38
BRDuBois

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help researching 1961 Electra crash

I've lurked here for some time, and recently joined so I could ask for help.

For the last year I've been researching the 1961 crash of a NWA Electra in Chicago. My dad was the captain. For background, search for N137US. A year ago I stumbled across some old press photos of the crash site, and after looking them over I realized that in certain respects the official crash reports couldn't possibly be correct.

Since then I've been digging up documentation and writing a new scenario. It's been reviewed by one person who has experience reviewing accident reports. He agrees with my reasoning and conclusions, so I think it's time to find a wider audience.

I want input from pilots, crash investigators and others in the flying community. I'm looking for critical feedback, and for ideas I haven't thought of. If I made mistakes, tell me what I got wrong.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has a connection to the event. My hope is that this will come to the attention of someone who has some of the original files. I'd like to find the debris maps and witness interviews and lots more pictures.

It's a 55mb PDF. If you find errors, please let me know. The link takes you to a download page, but does not start the download.

http://we.tl/4GRGZxxxEJ

Craig Hagstrom