PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Attacked!
Thread: Paris Attacked!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2015, 13:47
mahogany bob

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts
How to defeat IsIs

Answers have divided roughly in to 2 distinct camps.

Firstly those (experts) who support a military solution and secondly those (experts) who say that this will play in to the hands of the baddies and suggest a long term hearts and minds campaign.

The second solution,whilst of laudable intent will just take too long. How many more atrocities could the West take without actually be seen to do something?

My solution is to do both at the same time and both with maximum effort.

Militarily assemble a Russian,American,NATO alliance teamed up with with as many Arab nations as possible and attack the main bases and supply lines with maximum strength.Surely the ISIS main power bases could be defeated in days rather than weeks?

As part of the bargain Russia should force Assad to stand down in a sensible time scale and allow safe havens,no fly zones and refugee areas to be constructed. Hopefully the millions of refugees in Europe would then have somewhere reasonable to return to and restart their lives at home.

Before standing down this force should deploy to other 'trouble' areas i/e Yeman.

Who knows a spinoff might be a new 'entente cordiale 'with Russia which could lead to solutions in the Ukraine and elsewhere??

At the same time the hearts and minds campaign should be pursued with maximum effort with moderate Muslims taking a leading conciliatory role.This would require a worldwide fund of billions and endless talks - America taking a more balanced stance on The Israel , Palestine situation would certainly help.

Sent from my iPad