PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vanity Fair: The Disturbing Truth About How Airplanes Are Maintained
Old 22nd Nov 2015, 18:10
Basil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In 2009, a US Airways Boeing 737 jet carrying passengers from Omaha to Phoenix had to make an emergency landing in Denver when a high-pitched whistling sound in the cabin signaled that the seal around the main cabin door had begun to fail.
ISTR wen i wer lad the cure was wet towels

We had a maintenance facility in Wales referred to as 'Taff's Garage'. Does that count as cheapo work?

When I left the RAF I flew air taxis for a couple of months. We had an old but unlicensed ground eng and a young licensed guy. That was considered legal because the young guy was required to inspect and sign off the other guy's work. Whether he actually inspected it very carefully I have no idea.

I'm sure that the work will have to be signed off by an engineer licensed by the nation of registration.

At the plumbers' merchant's one day I listened into a conversation about a Corgi qualified man who made a living from inspecting and signing off work done by unqualified fitters. (Don't get me started about incompetent gas fitters)