PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands - cruise ship in trouble
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2015, 17:43
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't speak for Glads but I think he means that rarely credit is given to a military operation that goes well, or is picked up on and used by the press barons, because it suits those people to give an impression that the military are there to sell stories about, that everything always goes wrong for them and they deserve cringing patronization (new word?). And that the masses who buy the papers or use and read the common media are easily led, easily swayed and moved this way and that. Sheeple being a cross between sheep and people.
Come on MG you knew all that and could articulate it better than I.
No seriously, outstanding all concerned.
I briefed what I could glean about this operation (and it wasn't that much from the rags that pass as British newspapers) to my boss and peers/clients at our daily meeting and we gave credit where it is due. Due to the nature of our work we study these things in some detail, even me, when we can.I wish we had a RAF Herc and the rest of that team, and a Navy vessel on hand in sight, and a dedicated command team ashore watching my back where I am now. I never take our military for granted.
No deaths-no families grieving. Not a miracle or by chance but the results of years of training, sweat ,accumulation of experience and expenditure of effort.
HS knows those waters fairly well, knows the weather and the seas and the skies there.
If I ever meet anyone who was in on this then you will get a beer out of me, whoever you ever are.