PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaping Passengers
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2015, 14:18
cyclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety behaviours.

If you think that oil companies allow "reloading" of passengers after a fault has been identified no matter how trivial then you haven't flown the NS in the past few years.

HC, I bow to your superior knowledge of the Puma gear. However, I think the OEM should state that clearly if it is the case. L/G warning illuminated, emergency undercarriage selected and run, L/G warning still illuminated, land anyway. Not everything can go in a procedure but if this is definitely the case, then it should. I would suggest that with a leg light missing, the travel light illuminated and L/G flashing at you then you might be a little circumspect. We all know that is likely to be a ground/flight logic fault but a small inspection does no harm in my opinion.

It would be even better if the manufacturer supplied a system that kept working for a little longer than a couple of months! Having flown fixed wing, I can't remember having so many erroneous gear indications as I have seen on the Puma fleet. It should be a simple system a little like the Puma heating system