PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Razor gangs hit Broome?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2015, 11:52

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I always get 10 minutes of "me time"" when my First Mate of 40 odd years has to pass through "security screening".
She has a knee replacement and a metal plate in her upper arm as a result of a bike accident.

I can always count on the alarm and lights going off so I can look forward to some "me time" as the First Mate will have to remove her belt (plastic but looks metallic), shoes, jacket, etc. and walk back through the doorway without a door and once again have the alarm and lights go off.

But most of the "me time" in interrupted by some friendly security person who wants to rub a little piece of "paper" on a what looks like a selfie stick all over my goods and chattels. It may even be a small camera on the end of that stick. It must not be a very good camera, if that what it is, because when they put it in the developing machine, they never get a good result, at least they never show me the photo, if that is what was.

Anyway, back to the First Mate. By this time, after explaining in great where and why the various bits of foreign material has been secreted in her limbs, a member of the security staff, who is of the same gender, (can we be sure in this day and age with all the various genders out there) has been summoned to do a frisk search.

This has been the procedure for about the last 5/6 years.

But the last time when I was looking forward to meeting the security staff with the selfie stick, I was thwarted as the alarms and lights did NOT go off when the First Mate walked through the doorway that has no door.