PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on extrasystoles
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2015, 11:22
flymo253

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same here...

Hi all!

... what a coincidence! I have recently been in a german AMC to get my initial class 1 medical (EASA). During the ECG, I too had some extrasystoles. So they conducted a stress ECG which was fine - under stress, I had no extrasystoles anymore. However, the chief physician was still not fully satisfied. So he sent me to a cardiologist next door. He did another resting-ECG and an echogram which both showed that I definitely have a healthy heart. Still, this wasn't enough for the doc to issue the medical. I had to do another 24 hour ECG which showed some extrasystoles which isn't a cause for concern at all since my heart is perfectly healthy. A few days ago, the doc from the AMC called me saying that I will need to go to an electrophysiologist. Though, he said that it "definitely does not make me unfit to fly".

Seems that we both are in the same boat! I have been told that too much caffeine as well as (emotional) stress *could* be a cause of extrasystoles. And I drunk about 2 - 3 litres of green tea a day

I keep my fingers crossed for you! Keep us updated!

Best regards

Last edited by flymo253; 22nd Nov 2015 at 13:59. Reason: -