PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Allegiant fires pilot after ordering an emergency evacuation
Old 22nd Nov 2015, 06:51
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What? Say Again, WHAT?

I'd bet my ruined pension that there is a Whole Lot More to this story than has been reported thus far. I do not know why a pip-squeak like Allegiant has so many problems, but most of them sound like in-house politics to me. Very small airlines are ALWAYS suspect for safety issues, but that just not the sense that I get about Allegiant. As a famous ULCC their neck is always on the chopping block, I firmly suspect that the vast majority of thiere problems are in-house, management-pilot issues, safety being mentioned only when they cannot think of anything else.
For the record, I do NOT know who is right or wrong in this case and in several others. Also for the record, I darn sure will NOT fly a carrier that cannot treat its pilots fairly and also provide some measure of dignity for their customers. ONCE, !about 2.5 years ago, was one too many times; perhaps the worst flying experience of my life (I've been flying for >60 years). Horrible! It will be the before I give this carrier another nickle of my money. Every. Despite some trivial influence toward keeping some competitive route fares a bit lower, seeing this miserable airline imitator go would not bother me at all. The FAA should have revoked their Part 121 operating ticket before their first flight. At best, they are SOBs, looking only for your last bit of pocket change; if you have any, these will find it.