PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Metrojet crash Eygpt
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2015, 20:46
Lonewolf_50

Received 412 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Sober Lark
My main concern is the method of delivery of the bomb and what can be done to reduce risk of recurrence.
In support of your point, completely. The unknown may have an impact on the industry.

I reduced my travel not long after 9-11 because the industry became insufferable and I remember so well when air travel was something I looked forward to. (Not to mention the government add on farces that they call "security" at airports). It wasn't because I was afraid the plane carrying me would blow up. (Most recent trip was to Canada last year and to SF this spring, family trips I could not get out of, and I will say in defense of Northwest and Southwest respectively that they did a good job and were basically good to us).

Since the Metrojet incident, and the reports of some planes turning back in the past few days seemingly related (were they? hard to say) to what's going on in Syria and France at the moment, four people I know have cancelled business trips and one a personal travel via air. While IMO that is an overreaction, given odds and probabilities, once the what and how Metrojet was lost becomes more clear to the public, I suspect that the worries and fears will reduce.

The unknown bothers people in a lot of different ways.