PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic MPL Scheme 2016
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2015, 11:21
VChap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it a reduced salary for cadets who make it compared with the say a first officer who funded their own training and employed with virgin? just curious. Also any guesses for how long the reduced salary would last for? the seven year repayment period?
J.charles, in a similar fashion to the British Airways FPP cadets, the Virgin MPL cadets will be on a reduced (but still not bad!) salary to begin with. As we can understand, Virgin are funding the entire £109,000 for the course, and so they will try and make this sum back during the first seven years of employment by paying cadets £20K (ish) a year LESS than standard DE salaries. Having seen previous BA FPP pay scales, which I assume are similar to the Virgin FFP, you'd start on a basic salary or around £26,000, and that will increase year on year. Im not sure, however, as to the point at which you'd jump on to the regular Virgin pay scales.

I don't think money is the big deal though! They'll reward you well, I'm sure you won't be pushed for cash, and you've got a guaranteed job for 7 years.

If you want to wet your appetites for the future though, check out the Virgin Atlantic pay scales on PilotJobsNetwork! Not bad...