PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 21st Nov 2015, 06:40
furbpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TypeIV
It has been obvious since the beginning that the recruitment of expats only is a quick fix. The CEO has publicly apologized for having to recruit yobancis and said that he is forced to do so due to demand and inabilty to find locals. Some agencies have made some promises, but if you are able to get the big picture (which is essential for a leader, like a captain) you knew from day one that an upgrade most probably wouldn't be a reality unless miracles happen.

The locals are in Turkish for a long term career while we yobancis use it as a stepping stone to put food on the table and to see our families three days a month, not caring about what is happening in the country as you say.
Therefor I understand that they rather invest in their locals when possible rather than investing in someone who won't be seen once the 1500 hours are in the book, or once the market in their home country picks up.

With the CRM and culture, I do agree but with the newer generation, I feel that there's an overall change taking place towards more modern and sensible attitudes.

My point is that: Even though we might see it as unfair, the rules were very clear before joining and we'll have to vote with our feet or suck it up. As I mentioned, an FO in THY makes five times of what hard working academics do, for this reason whining and moaning won't gain any sympathy.
My dear friend the rules were not very clear...quite the opposite. Many discovered the truth once they resigned from previous employer, turned down other offers, and came to Istanbul. It's up to THY to make of this a long term commitment and it does not seem to be any intention beside the " proclamas" of brotherhood and family... As you said..suck it up or go..well..I hear many ( not only FOs) are taking or about to take the second option will leave the heroic task to the locals and seek to go back to some form of life...