PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 21st Nov 2015, 05:39
furbpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TypeIV..I think there is an underlying misunderstanding.
THY should have offered a deal the like of Korean a temporary contract clearly stating that there was no upgrade options for FO but paying a substantially higher salary and offering the same Koran perks ( hotel, commuting etc). Up to the market to accept it or not.They did not. Now if you offer me a local contract I deserve the same opportunity and If you hired me "permanently" without a degree you cannot ask for one for upgrade or I might think you are just playing around to save some cash. Nobody I think is crying for the upgrade itself.. but when you see others upgrading junior to you than you are entitled to be rightfully pissed off. You see air force guy bypassing everybody upgrading after two years. This is crazy. Even American Airlines ex air force pilots join a common seniority and wait 15 years to become captains Flying a modern commercial airlines has nothing to do with guts, but more with common sense, critical attitude CRM, language and technical skills which are often an oxymoron of military mentality ( and may be even more in Turkey) which is more blind obedience, guts, mission oriented and viewed with some form of ideological imprinting. The results are evident but nothing has changed so far.
Furthermore I don't really think anybody cares what the salaries of other profession are in Turkey as we tend to look at other airlines to compare our treatment not to the social dynamics of Turkey which are not really of our interest.