PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swinburne Bachelor of Aviation 2016
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2015, 00:51
rpiya1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Seabreeze,
The flight instructor position is a condition offer of employment provided you pass all the licences.

Basically you fund 30k of personal funds + 70k of student loans for the PPL, CPL, and Ratings. They then fund/scholarship of $40,000 for the Instructor Rating.

You only spend 100k overall which is comparable to other VET-FEE HELP Approved Flight Training Organisations. Flight Training Adelaide is $110K I believe.

At the end of the course, worst case scenario is that they don't offer you a position as a Flight Instructor. You've still only spent the same amount as another VET-FEE Help Approved course but also have a Instructor Rating which you didn't pay the 40k for. You can then maybe use that to find hours somewhere else.

Furthermore CTC Aviation has a great brand image and run the cadetships for Qatar Airways, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Royal Brunei Airlines and also run some of the crew resourcing programs for other airlines.

However as Dartman2 said, the ADF is the best if you can get in. I was a bit too late with my applications so I only had my Assessment Day a few weeks ago and I'm now waiting for the ADFA Officer Selection Board in April. CTC is my back up plan.

CTC Wings