PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Attacked!
Thread: Paris Attacked!
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2015, 16:36
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spiral.

In mathematics, a spiral is a curve which emanates from a central point, getting progressively farther away as it revolves around the point. (wiki)

In my mind recently I've been comparing ideas about a theory I have about warfare, fighting.
That it is incredibly difficult to finalize, to halt -rather like the spiral (but it can be done). And it can extend and grow like a logarithm spiral in proportion to the time it evolves through. Spirals seem common in nature, much more than I ever realized.

In some of your feedback I wonder if the start of a particular (air) battle evolves in the same way? The 1940 RAF Berlin air raid being relatively very small, but it then led directly to the Blitz, which led to Cologne in 1942, Hamburg in 1943 and Dresden in 1945 (with more bombs dropped in year 1945 than all the previous together).

Or Taranto in 1940, to the Afrika Korp involvement in 1941, Malta and Pedestal in 1942, American involvement in late 1942 with (El Alamein) again generally increasing.

I could go on a little more but wont. Its only a theory. I'm sure you are familiar with it.

Where are we now, in November 2015, in the battle against ISIS? Don't say you are lost with my theory.
With Cameron I would say absolutely desperate to involve the RAF, with Russian involvement and their destroyed airliner, a massive Paris massacre, a Mali potential massacre today but with heavy loss of life, from my selfish western view, are we in a spiral of violence? To me, it seems clear that we are (compared to other on-going conflicts in the world today).
How will air warfare end it, this war? Can it be ended as suddenly as say, WW2 (both theatres)? Many wars do seem to end suddenly and dramatically after a prolonged and violent spiral. A violent, horrendously destructive collapse suffered by one side.
But where will we, the UK that is,enter the spiral and what will be the outcome of that?
HS.