PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - meal service
Thread: meal service
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2003, 15:53
Hypoxic Harry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QFMike

I work for Qlink, and it depends on what type of passengers I have on board to how much I interact with them. You can usually pick up on their body language if they want to have a chit chat with you. Sometimes you will get the entire flight full of pax that spend the whole time reading the newspapers. Then you will get the other flights where you will have all the little grans and pops, that are just itching to tell you why they are on a plane and why they are going to the big smoke!

As for the service, well I just get as much done as quick as possible, reason being is that alot of our flights are quiet quick. When I do have longer flights, after the main service is done I just wander slowley up the isle with coffe/tea/wine ect. I find it better to not ask each individual on the 2nd or 3rd round. Just go slow enough, so if they want something they can easily stop you. No need to constantly be in the pax face.

So with my service, I just leave it up to my comen sense, and what the pax's body language tells me.

And they must be pretty happy, as I do not have to many call bells going off saying " gimme gimmee gimme".