PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moaning about Mona
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2015, 09:01
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not just aviation that has problems with these sorts of people, a policeman I was talking to said that he was posted at Balaugh Bridge for the first practice of the annual Isle of Man TT races when a house owner came walking along the ( closed ) road and demanded that the he stop all these noisy motorcycles !

The house owner was one of the new financial types who have moved onto the island seemingly unaware of the fact that the TT races had been going on for over a hundred years.

The cream of the joke was that the guy was unable to get back into his house until the roads opened to the public and I doubt that being forced to watch the motorcycle practice for another two hours did his temper much good.

To return to the aircraft noise a farmer friend of mine reports that one of local farmers complains on a regular basis about the helicopters from Benson, he once asked the guy " do you not think that these helicopter crews need to be properly trained before going to Iraq or Afganistan ?" The guys reply was " these helicopters are just playing, they have not got the range to go to Iraq or Afganistan".................

Having delt with noise complainers at a civil airfield using the BEagle tactic is the very effective, the usual motivation of these people is to get the flying stopped and increase the property value, the very prospect of an official complaint doing just the opposite has a very sobering effect !