PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2015, 08:03
FLYINGPERCY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to completely disagree with plastic.

It's not about being lucky or not. If a company opens its recruitment and that enables people to apply, typed or not, then if they pass that process and are made aware throughout that their is a job for them, then that's the end of it. Why is that lucky? That's the industry.... It's about timing. This issue of 'call backs' jumping ahead is a contentious one. If you pass first, second or third time, you deserve to get in. Ultimately 'business need' trumps it all and BA like any other business has to balance things.

Nothing externally has, as far as I am aware, reduced the requirement for pilots, just that the goal posts have changed. That's life and occurs in every industry. We have to be resilient and appreciate this is the industry we chose to enter knowing how volatile it can be. Hold poolers (like me) will wait patiently and see how things develop. I am of the opinion that they will need non typed pilots, just that the wait will be longer.

I am however amazed at some of the comments on this forum. We are all in this together. We have all been through the mill at some stage so I think respect for all is required. BA needs pilots, priorities have altered and capacity is maxed out, but let's all try and respect each other's circumstances and appreciate that if you decide to go through the process and pass, irrespective of your background then, you hope that you will end up in BA and I'm sure those in recruitment will hope that is the case too.