PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 20th Nov 2015, 07:53
Lolo75020

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bob777
I just wonder with all the recruitment going on everywhere how can't you find another job dear Lolo. Emirates Qatar Etihad Ryanair Easy Jet and many other operators are looking for pilots..desperately.
If you compare the package of other ME operator THY does not really seems to be in anyway attractive.

Gulf Airline X VS Turkish Airlines

Salary 8000 USD VS 6000 USD

Benefits Housing, Education End of service VS NIL

Leave 42 VS 20

Upgrade Seniority from day 1 VS playing games

Commute business VS no commute economy
block days off

Rostering acceptable to good VS disaster on NB getting such on WB

I think the point is THY is not a an Airline for expatriate. The "ideology" behind make it just a short time stepping stone to somewhere else. On the other end they send email asking pilot to tell their friends to join. I really don't think so.
Dear Bob777,

My priority now is to find a job the closest as possible from my home. So I even didnt try to attempt the gulf sisters. Moreover the upgrade time is hazardous as far as I heard. Nobody has the same answer at this question.

Remaining the companies in Europe. At the moment only the lowcost are a good deal if I consider the compromise between europe location and upgrade time. I am at the stage that I dont card the salary anymore. The quality of life is much more important.

And finally, I didnt say that I couldn't find anything. I am indeed in the pool for 2 companies. so wait and see. If it doesnt work I will stay in THY.

Last edited by Lolo75020; 31st Oct 2018 at 13:03.