PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA pilots stand its grounds....MOM to help !
Old 5th Jul 2003, 14:28
Anotherpost75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps not the wisest move, posting on Pprune after a couple of drinks and a heated discussion. However, even a little reflection would have produced the same message but without the expletive.

Readers will note that the thread is not currently snowed under with local Singaporean input, refuting my imputation of supine complaisance. Further, against a background of quickly rising traffic and renewed world-wide air transport optimism, a local spokesperson for Alpa-s is quoted on another Far East thread as saying the following:

"Our members are in favour of this (pay reduction of 16.5% for captains, 11% for first officers). It's a done deal. We have an in principal agreement with SIA," said Captain Perinpanayagam James, vice-president of industrial relations for the union.” He said the agreement was reached late on Friday (27 June 2003).

Well he sounds pretty pleased with himself but this doesn’t sound like a deal to me – I’d say it’s more like the abject capitulation of inbred, supine complaisance.

Moving on; B Swan, why are you amazed by my post? Has the mild expletive offended your delicate sensibilities or do you fundamentally disagree that the Singaporean locals are as I describe? You may be interested to know that even Lee Kwan Yew thinks they are as I say (though he hasn’t consulted me on the matter) and also thinks they need – dare I say it – read no further if you may be shocked – a kick up the a*se to shake them out of their institutional mind sets and propel them towards a more proactive, assertive and “out of the box” stance.

Finally, may I also ask you to explain what on earth has a notional origin registered on Pprune got to do with the accuracy or otherwise of an individual post? I think Rockhound neatly dispelled any such notion with his observation that John Barnes was unlikely to be making his apposite postings from Belgium.