PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Exec Jet for the Job - Help!
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2015, 14:06
DaviiB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help so far!

wanabee777 - Thanks for that info. I already have fairly detailed operating cost and annual budget breakdowns for the aircraft on the list. It's interesting to compare the AOPA numbers with what I have.

For the others who are looking for budget numbers.....well I didn't give a budget because it has nothing to do with the question I asked. Perhaps I should have been more clear, but I am looking for opinions on aircraft from an operational standpoint, not financial (obviously within reason). We already have access to the numbers.

I'm looking for information on:
- How the aircraft might stand up in a humid/salty environment (thanks McDoo for your note on the Sovereign's corrosion)
- Realistic range with full payload (which is not as easy to to find as we all know brochure numbers are optimistic)...will it make 1500nm every time with 8 guys on board?...how about with 7?
- General reliability for regular use
- Whether parts / service will be a nightmare (e.g. How's maintenance on a Hawker these days?)
- Any other boogymen in the closet

Rest assured, nobody will be dropping any cash before calling in the professionals, but as an exploratory exercise.... I figured I could start by asking some of the folks who operate them day-in day-out. Financials aside, the pilots should know a thing or two about the capabilities and flaws of their ships no?

Thanks