PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Exec Jet for the Job - Help!
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2015, 10:59
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting your mission profile analysed online by a group of people who might be more knowledgeable about skateboards - then you've probably hit the nail on the head.
A mission profile also includes your purchase budget and running budget to achieve that mission neither which have been forthcoming.

So I wonder who the Skateboard refers too The poster or people trying to give advice on incomplete detail?
I am thinking of renting some hours on a cirrus to do some SEP again after flying jets exclusively. I would love my own personal CJ1 but cannot afford it
So I think a starting point is what can they afford? and what aircraft can complete that mission within the price they can afford ? There is no point in promoting jets which cost $7 to $10 Million to purchase and $4 to $5 thousand an hour to run if their budget is $2 million to purchase and $1700 an hour to run? They will both complete the mission albeit the one with far less comfort

So if the poster said they want to pay $2 million but may go up to $4 million for the right aircraft and want to budget for X in running costs at least we have something to work on ? at present no clue $1 2 5 10 20 million ? no clue

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 19th Nov 2015 at 13:08.