PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corbin and CDS Squaring-Up
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2015, 08:28
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
RD:-
There is nothing to 'win'
Well you know that, and now that you've told me so do I. I just wonder though if the Saudis do, or their proxies, ISIS?

its not poker !
Thank heavens for that, or the guy with the poker face from the East would have taken the dupes, Obama, Cameron, Hollande, and Merkel to the cleaners!

LW50:-
Believe it or not, the US support for Kurds continues. Hopefully the UK will join in providing some support to them if they have not already
I wonder what the price of that support might be? What have the Kurds been promised? Will those promises be kept? If it is to become a nation in their own right, it will be at the cost of Syria, Iraq and Turkey who will surround it and presumably be hostile. The Kurds will be dependant thereafter for continual financial aid and armaments from their sponsors. Remind us of a nearby state?

It seems to me that this adventure will depend on assurances made to Russia and to the Kurds by the West. The former will make the most of that in renewed influence in the Eastern Mediterranean. The latter would be well advised that the solemn and binding undertakings agreed upon are worth any paper whatsoever.