PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 19th Nov 2015, 04:30
psychomantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Lolo75020,

I totally agree with you. Still the same issues for the whole pilots. We had this meeting with the CEO too, but at the end they didn't give us A777 model

Things I want to add:
- why not salary in dollars or euros. We have to pay the tickets in dollars, but our salary is in TL. The TL also lost his value, so we have less euros. There are couple of airliners who are paying in euros, why not THY? And the ME is paying in dollars and we earn less comparing to them.
- also business seats for FO's when the seats are not occupied: he said "be happy that we offer you cheap tickets"
- the locals/Turkish pilots they don't have ID-90 tickets, only the expats. Locals have only unlimited CED tickets. Also the managment is making difference between locals/expats. I think you have to offer all the pilots the same conditions, no difference. What they actually doing is split the pilots. A really bad issue

The roster on the A330 is I think good, comparing to the 737. I have at the moment every month overtime. But I think also on the A330 no opportunities for commuting. During my times on the A320 I was flying 60-70 hours, and now around 90 hours. Not a problem for me, because the destinations for the A330 are good, my opinion, comparing to the narrow body, especially the 737 fleet. And overtime is more salary.

But once again, all these issues/subjects needs attention. They have to listen to the pilots, our wishes. On the other hand I hope a lot of guys to leave THY so that they have to change all these things and they realize they don't have a choice. But..... still no change