PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPRuNe Threads and CAIR used as evidence by CASA in suspension decisions
Old 5th Jul 2003, 07:09
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Creamie. I think we are getting closer to your nekid solo in the Tabernacle!

The word "hardly" was a term of phrase only. Posts on PPRuNe or anonymous CAIR reports can not be tested by cross examination in the manner required, for example, in criminal proceedings. As you correctly indicate, both mediums can - and do - get used by unscrupulous and unethical people like me, for vindictive, misleading and mischievous purposes.

I am very aware - from personal experience, you will recall - that the AAT takes into account a wide range of allegations and unsubstantiated, untested and missleading "evidence" which would be inadmissible in a court of law. I have no misunderstanding of the meaning and intent of the term "stayed".

I have a problem with the "little bit pregnant" aspect in that the AAT (and CASA) accepts the person is a safe competent pilot for private operations but supports they are unsafe and incompetent for commercial operations. To demonstrate the absurdity, the pilot can not take a few pictures from a Cessna 150 which he intends to sell, but can take 6 or 8 of his mates away for the weekend in a Cessna 402!

To my way of thinking, the process occurring in this case is appropriate and will give the person concerned his "day in court" and require CASA/DPP to prove it's case beyond all reasonable doubt. And isn't that what Australian justice should all be about?

I'm looking forward to your nekid solo. Should be able to make a healthy profit on ticket sales.