PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corbin and CDS Squaring-Up
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2015, 20:16
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by RileyDove
'wonder what the aim of this next adventure is. There isn't one? Who'd have thought? '

Preventing POW pilots being burnt alive after social media votes -stopping gay people being thrown from buildings -airliners being blown up - city centres being attacked !

Chugalug - is internet search disabled on your pc or have you decided not to watch television or read papes ?

I guess you think ISIS are 'misunderstood' !
Riley Dove, my PC is for a change functioning well, thank you. I doubt very very much that the aims you suggest will be achieved by bombing. On the contrary they are likely to be exacerbated. I suggest that your aims, and any other similar ones, can only be achieved by seizing and holding ground where these and other atrocities are being carried out. How are you going to do that if, as we are continually being assured, there are to be no boots on the ground?

The Iraqi Army is just a bad joke, achieving the dubious distinction of being second only to Saudi Arabia as the principle supporter of ISIS (or whatever we are supposed to call those monsters this week). The Syrian Army is too busy tackling its President's real opponents to bother too much with ISIS. The Kurds are the best bet, but supplying them is a no no because they are marginalised by Turkey, a NATO member. So whose boots will you put there, RD? Yours?

How many of these ill advised adventures does it take before the penny finally drops? The real Elephant in the Room is Saudi Arabia. Is that the war we want, or simply the one we will be dragged into? Wars are very easy to get into, especially when urged on by such as yourself. The tricky part is winning them and kidding yourself that what you set out to achieve has been...achieved. As I said before, what is the aim?