PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Attacked!
Thread: Paris Attacked!
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2015, 19:57
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More stuff from tonights War-egraph

David Cameron: I will push ahead with Syrian air strikes - Telegraph

They are telling it loud as they can, possibly shouting down anyone who disagrees.
I find this a little disturbing. Why are these air raids going to be so important to the nation? Most of the UK public would be hard put to agree with any of points for attacking ISIS by air/missile/drone. They (our public) will have noted that:
1. Everyone who has taken on ISIS recently has suffered very quick terrorist attacks in response involving mass casualties and terror. Even Russia.
2. We are probably as a country incapable of defending ourselves on our own turf even as well as the French, if ISIS can penetrate past our pretty brilliant secret services/ code breakers/undercover agents and the like. We have been very fortunate to have these good people looking after to us for now, but will the extra element of luck hold?
WTF is it with the Daily Telegraph these days? I find it almost bloody unrecognisable as a newspaper. Politically I'm miles away from it, and now never more so, but I always used (up to a point) actually trust some of its reporting. Its coverage is biased and shrieking, horrible.

* RAF historians lurking here, out of interest to me alone can anyone point to me when an air attack, an air raid has made a profound input/difference to a war or battle. Real strategic impact. As PM Dave C. seems to be weighing up here?
Am I right in thinking two - the "Dam Buster" raids as one, and the operation on the night of the 17th/18th August 1943 against the research/testing centres for the V weapons program? What else? Amiens Prison?
Will this coming RAF v.ISIS attack be comparable?
If I don't reply in thanks, don't worry, I can still read yours - my replies are regularly blatted out by "company internet rules" dark forces.