PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON History and Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2015, 19:33
Constructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photograph

This is my first post so please excuse any errors in procedure but after reading pprune for several years, in particular Luton items, this photograph is of real interest. Aviation, especially at Luton is one of my pastimes? I have lived in Luton since 1954. My profession is a Civil Engineer. My second job as a junior setting out engineer was on that apron. We went on to construct the apron in front of the McAlpine hangar. I will delve into the memory banks re these two aprons. The hangar adjacent to the apron in the photograph was Autair? I think the first of the Britannia 737 s arrived about then. Did wonders for our production that day. I returned some 30 years later to carry out the earthworks on the taxiway underpass and after that the excavations and drainage for the new terminal apron and taxiway extensions. Now a pensioner the current development from construction and aviation viewpoints is of interest. If there are any items of construction at Luton, from past or present, anyone would like an opinion on please ask. I may be able to assist. Constructor