PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE assessment
Thread: FTE assessment
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2015, 19:29
foliot-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did it last month. It's a brilliant event, I'd recommend it to anyone who's considering going.

In regard to testing (which you may use a calculator for that they will provide), you have:

verbal reasoning: (I'd get some practice in, this is tricky, pass mark is about 65% but they will not refuse to offer you a place on the basis of scoring below this mark)

numerical reasoning: (read the question thoroughly, but overall not too bad) for example: A pilot has 36 gallons of fuel and during the flight he notices a leak. The aircraft is leaking at 6 gallons an hour. The aircraft burns 4 litres an hour in fuel. The aircraft is going 200 knots and the destination is 400nm away. Will he make it?

maths + physics test: not too bad, all the stuff in the pre test material they send you.

numeracy: fairly easy, nothing too challenging! (IMHO)

Basically, read the test guidance material thoroughly, you'll do fine.

PILAPT: go on latest pilot jobs, have a look at the practice packs for assessments. They're really useful, just make sure you practice with a joystick.

Interview: Really good, they just want to get to know you and make sure you're keen, passionate, aware of the road ahead.

As parkfell said, get your class 1 medical, you don't want to go all the way and find out there's something holding you back,

I had a brilliant time at my event and loved the place and was pleased to be offered a spot there.

Good luck to all.

Last edited by foliot-pilot; 5th Oct 2017 at 12:10.