PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Attacked!
Thread: Paris Attacked!
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2015, 17:37
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got to disagree ORAC. Think the vote really failed because the UK public have lost faith with UK military ability in these situations. And that reflected onto all MPs who give a damn. I personally e-mailed my MP and told him what to do ie vote against it). He didn't give a damn what I thought. And is no longer an MP (funny that, he lost his seat).
Cameron is desperate to join in. He is so strange, such a strange beast. Reduce the military capability, but look for war. How quickly he must have ripped that poppy off last Sunday.
How much does 1 x smart bomb cost?* (23,000 USD = 1 x GBU 10 whatever that is, according to google, just now - about the same as a Private or Corporal in the Army gets?). Why not save buying them, spend the money on a real defence force for within the UK's own islands?
* That French assault this morning expended 5000 rounds fired, BBC World are reporting!! I doubt the whole on-duty UK police force has that number of bullets available altogether at any given minute. (standfast PSNI)?

Last edited by Hangarshuffle; 18th Nov 2015 at 17:53.