PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 3
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 3
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2015, 12:26
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think all of what you highlight are peanuts. They are likely to only operate at BOH because they charge a lot less than other airports. For example, there use to be a flight school at SOU but they were turfed out and ended up at BOH. Collectively they may add up to some form of reasonable revenue stream but surely MAG will not continue making up the shortfall. If FR can't make somewhere like BOH than no one can. They couldn't have a lower cost base, no meaningful competition to speak of yet in all these years they do not at least experiment with a meaningful base? What people need to realise is the word "yield" is key. I can't see BOH every generating it not can I see what it's USP is? SOU has "cruise capital of Northern Europe" to fall back on amongst other things. Surely MAG could extend the industrial estate and provide much needed housing. Just a thought. This strive to market BOH as a successful airport has the feel of flogging a dead horse about it. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.