PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 23:50
BAladdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cornishsimon
The figures on the route will be available to anyone who wants them. Personally I'm more surprised that BA didn't add the route as a summer seasonal on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
Yes you are right the figures are there to be seen. I looked for August 2009, CAA passenger data for the route and now I know why no other airline has tried linking LCY with NQY since then.

Air Southwest offered a double daily link between the South west and London. This made the route popular with business passengers who wanted to go out and back on business in a day and they were willing to pay a higher price for the ticket to for this privilege. They also operated the aircraft PLH-NQY-LCY making it that bit easier to fill the seats on there smaller DH8-300.

The 6 x weekly evening service will be easy to fill on a Friday and Sunday. However they will struggle during the rest of the week. I really think adding the LCY- NQY will in the long run have a direct impact on BE's daily STN service and possibly the yields on there LGW service. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they cut the frequency on the STN or even the service all together before it is due to finish in September.