PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unexpected Medical Discharge - what should I look out for
Old 17th Nov 2015, 22:41
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Unexpected Medical Discharge - what should I look out for

Hmm, went to the local doctors a few weeks ago over what I thought was a minor ailment; they sent to to consultants and then repatriated me back to the UK for further investigations. Upshot is that I have a potentially serious (and untreatable) health issue which is like to see me leave Post permanently and be discharged from the RAF rather quickly thereafter.

Not what I anticipated and I would welcome advice from PPruners of what to look out for, what to challenge etc as this process starts. I'm looked after (in an extremely loose sense) by Glasgow; gone are the days of lounging in OC PMS's office getting sage advice. I'm a member of FPS and will get in touch with them very shortly. I have two kids in boarding school and my planned remaining service would have seen one of them get through Varsity. Now that is unlikely to be the case. My wife has followed the flag for 20 years and now has to seek minimum wage work on return to the UK, as her professional qualifications and,experience are decades out of date.