PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American re-enters South Pacific
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 22:19
ExSp33db1rd

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't mind to be rude either, but why vent here?
I agree, but it just growed ( like Topsy ) from an initial comment.

There is a whole department with Air New Zealand who deal with complaints like this
Yes, but only to their satisfaction, and Yes, we did enter into dialogue with them and they presented my wife with 50 Airpoints, with an expiry date.

Because there is as yet no competition, we are about to embark on another round trip to the USA with them, can't use the Airpoints awarded because one can't pay for part of a trip with Airpoints, one has to have enough Airpoints to buy the whole ticket, so the 50 awarded will eventually expire.

Yesterday Air NZ told us that they have changed part of the return trip because they have cancelled the Regional flight on Dec. 7th - did we accept this or not ? Our option was to accept or we could cancel the whole trip, which we were tempted to do, until they demanded a cancellation fee of $300 per person. Eventually they allowed us to delay the return trip by 24 hrs., which we can live with but it only reinforces our resolve to give the competition a go asap. Goodbye.