PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 19:41
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daz211
A operational decision should have been made last night knowing the expected weather this morning win win

And if I was a passenger at an out station I wouldn't mind an hour or two delay knowing that 500+ passengers at Southend could have a holiday they payed for and have been looking forward to

It seems lack of planning or decision making has upset a lot op passengers.
I have to ask have you ever worked in passenger services?

Just that in my experience of being on the front line for several years and dealing with more cancellations, delays and diversions than I can think of (although not ever with EZY), I can assure you that you'd be the only passenger happy that their flight is being delayed in order to wait for people who booked from another airport. EZY would have to feed and water both sets of passengers, which isn't going to be cheap and then the ones originally on the flight being held at STN would be entitled to yet more money from EZY under the EU regs as their flight was being delayed for avoidable operational reasons.

I don't think EZY should have done what you suggested as it would have upset 2 loads of passengers and not just 1. Why inflict delays upon yet more people who are going on holiday?