PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Metrojet crash Eygpt
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 19:24
DIBO

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
TNT type explosive at the rear of the plane - so the video posted by "IS" showing immediate black smoke from fuel on fire is a fake?
- "rear" of the plane: as far as I know, a more precise location has not been given, so until further notice it covers everything from the 'rear/aft cargo hold' up to the 'rear pressure bulkhead' and more
- Russian press reports (automatic translation): This is indicated by the fact that personal belongings, luggage and airplane parts were found traces of the explosive foreign production.
- given the presence of the extra cargo hold fuel tanks, following the initial explosive energy, TNT has 5 times more combustive energy, enough to set the (leaking) extra fuel tanks ablaze, with the incomplete combustion producing thick black smoke
- my (military) explosives training was limited to crudely blasting away brickwork with single quarter-kilo TNT sticks, but my uneducated guess would be that a 1 Kg TNT charge in the tail/APU section, would cause massive havoc to the tail section, not corroborated by available photos (it would however explain the HS separation )