PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Attacked!
Thread: Paris Attacked!
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 18:58
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priority.

Before I close down, my final thought - should the UK not be looking at securing the actual safety of its own citizens within its own coastline first?
I mean before it again begins very expensive and much limited-use Air Expeditionary Warfare over Syria?
If we attempted to train up 20,000 military personnel in using automatic weapons against the current threat and then stationed them throughout the UK's centres of population, and as a last line of defence? As back up to the Police? Who are stretched, generally unarmed and also on the downhill side of Govt.budget cuts?
Ideal candidates would be NCO/former NCOs of all 3 services who could meet the mental and other demands this would bring?
Just a musing. Its not all about London, despite the political bias displayed so far. ISIS will soon twig where we are weak at home.
PM Cameron seems determined to start our own air war, but that is occurring already against ISIL from better equipped and sited Air Forces than ours anyway.
Priority wrong? Who knows, or even cares until it happens. Goodnight and stay safe people.