PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Attacked!
Thread: Paris Attacked!
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 18:40
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jayand, good post.

Yes a good reply to me. How would I deal with Jihadi John? And the Right Hon. Mr Corbyn always has to be brought in along as well. I cant answer for him I'm afraid. However as a paid up member of the awkward squad he hasn't half been consistently right about so many matters in the MENA areas in the last, oh 15 odd years. But then again, later on when you look back so many of his beardy corduroy type usually, later on seem...very prescient.

But back to John. What on earth do we do about the 1000* odd British blokes like him also. (Johns now dead it rather happily seems).
You see, forget John really - its the principle. We have here a UK citizen who has now been killed by the state, our UK state seemingly, without trial or fair hearing. To me, its now a dark reality that upon order of a UK politician, our unseen and unknown spooky drone operators can snuff out a UK civvy without fear of challenge or rebuke. Whoever happened to reason this is actually good, without recourse to a debate in the HoC, let alone the UK's own citizens, has much to explain.
Put it another way Jayand. In tens years time Corbyn might be PM, and he might think you pose a challenge or threat to him - so presumably when you are sunning it on your holidays abroad, he can authorise your good self to be snuffed out by lightening bolt also? That's fair, right?
Thin end of a wedge.

* Not sure about that number - no one is, but probably between 1 and 10,000 anyway.