PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 18:20
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates

ssflyer

I have seen some splits and without doubt EK37/8 is the most consistent throughout the year. If there are low loads as you might expect EK41/2 is the one but EK39/40 is the rumoured A388 in the future yet in May and June it would have difficulty filling an A321 let alone an A388.

I can't wait to see the October figures for EK as they were supposed to have been light at times but I assume the batteries ran out of the CAA calculator or they forgot to upload the new version of PDF or their Excel subscription ran out - it is not very often they are two days adrift of the estimated dates but perhaps a sign of things to come.

Skipness One Foxtrot

United loads at first dived but have recovered incredibly well and the BHX - USA market does seem to have been stimulated by competition but whether this has been done at the expense of fares I can't be sure. American were priced low in May and then went to what I would describe as normal until they dipped in October.

United seemed to have reduced their fares but not by nearly as much but I suppose as they have been in the market for years this was always going to be the case.

I thought the AA would have carried more when the fares were lower but they have tried to vary them a quite bit recently and worryingly I picked up a cheap fare for late June 2016, which I know for fact they won't make a cent on (and I mean that literally) but the days either side (Wednesday and Friday) were extortionate and I assume it is just their yield management at work.

Like others have said, I just hope they have patience.

Pete