PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Attacked!
Thread: Paris Attacked!
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 18:15
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Police weaponary in the very last line of defence.

Sorry about the late return, fellows. Been looking at buying either a decent posh shed, or a "Zen 1 or Zen 2 log cabin" for my new garden -got to get events in perspective at times.
Also, I e-mailed by executive boss telling her I no longer want to be routed to travel through either London underground or any London railway station when I go on my sorties forth. She is yet to reply.
Responses like mine will wipe million's from London's cash/tourist intake, but that is to be expected. But possibly even planned in by our recently arrived new enemy?
Am I cowardly? Or more pragmatic? I feel I'm simply taking some responsibility for myself. But stand accused, I suppose, of treachery>.
Met Police cant defend London faced with mass attack teams using assault rifles, I would think. Someone knowledgeable said as such today in the Mail. Our ARV cops carry a version of the AR15 I think, and the G86, but with limited single shot/smaller calibre/smaller quantities of ammunition (15 round magazines)!! They've got no chance against heavily armed AK47 wielding fast firers with larger rounds (7.62 x 39mm x 60 rounds). And therefore neither would I, if caught out and relying on the Met, I decided.

* Thought about firepower - if the RM and British Army infantry used to go out on patrol against PIRA in urban and rural NI armed with a variety of arms but including SLR (and GPMG) firing 7.62mm x 51mm x 20 NATO rounds, and with the capability of calling up even further weaponry if needed, why are UK police (where armed even) still persisting with their relative pop guns at this time?
Should the UK military now intervene on the Police's behalf and save their red faces?

Its clear the tactics European based ISIS are now using. AK47 with multiple full magazines set on automatic. Maximum firepower.
Are our police behind the curve so to speak, when facing them?
HS.