PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VOLOTEA
Thread: VOLOTEA
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 09:26
Commuter0815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Pilot I

I applied for that position because the initial info from the recruiter was somehow incorrect and stated much better conditions as they are actually.

But I got an invitation for interview within the same afternoon of sending in my paperwork(9000 hrs total, 6000 in command, mainly airline, medium and heavy jets).

Unfortunately they sent me as well the exact(as offered) T's and C's of Volotea management and they are actually not very good.

E.g. all offered salaries are before tax, after checking italian or spanish tax calculators I was "back on earth" with my expectations.

As well they offer you a 8month contract, 4 months are either free of work(and money ), or a few flights or some part time flying with still crappy money for that period.

Then they write that you may sign a full time contract for year 2 - but that is just partly true as it depends on the company to whom they offer this full time contract. No guarantee really to get full time(and full money) for year 2 onwards.
As a new joiner you start on the B717(which is not a bad aircraft but nearly nobody operates it anymore, so a kind of useless rating regarding job security), then realisiticly you can expect to be on an Airbus by 2020(that's the time they want an all Airbus fleet).

Honestly, to many "ifs" for me and far to less money for that vague promises. I withdrew my application 3 days later...

If nobody has the correct T's and C's I have to look them up in my inbox and post them, let me know.

But IF you have a job with a more or less decent pay and a more or less acceptable roster stay away I would suggest.