PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS - The Decline
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2015, 19:28
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought I was supposed to be behind the curve.....FortyOdd .... and I thought that I was over the hill at SixtyOdd.....

So which 'Silly Billy' still thinks that East Midlands Airport is still going to be any sort of base! That 'Not here mate' is as old as the hills..... I read it somewhere.....

Three word location of which only one is pertinent..... the last one. Airport.

Thats why I queried the big circle on Leicester and suggested which way you should shove it! [Subject to contract].

What seems to be coming out of the plans for NPAS is plain simple human intransigence. Crews not wanting to be messed about and walking off into the sunset [or back on the beat] and at least two cases of locals not wanting to be woken at 3am by some police aircraft waking them up. East Midlands said no and [if my source is correct] so did the locals of Elstree. The human factor is clearly modifying the organisation for all the wrong reasons.

I guess we can only assume that a base is closed AFTER it is closed and the aircraft has gone because even the death of Dyfed-Powys seems to have a strange afterlife assigned to it as the unit will still be available for refuelling beyond closure..... A refuelling stop on the way to where I wonder?

Maybe they just have a supply of Avgas in the tanks there they simply could not sell on?

Still no signs that Humberside will similarly linger..... it seems all the left over bills are being left to Humberside Police to cough up and there is no residual value to put into the NPAS coffers! Quite the contrary.

Last edited by PANews; 17th Nov 2015 at 10:53. Reason: Additional comments