PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2015, 16:24
Arclite01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Random

We've got here by being 'Salami sliced'

The VGS can just do this........, oh and this, and this, etc............... the individual tasks are small, the cumulative task is massive.

I remember doing fuel stats, flying stats, vehicle returns, travel returns, course bookings, course admin all after a days flying (having run the line).

So I would be up at 06.00 and drive 75 miles to my VGS, Do all the setup paperwork, Fly or run the line, closedown and put everything away, do said paperwork and lock up, return the keys and drive home. In the summer I would get home around 23.55 (an 18 hour day)and maybe back 2 hours earlier in the winter (as it got dark). My 'better half' was soon disillusioned................ this was at least 3 days a month - sometimes more.

I'll never forget those late nights in a freezing portakabin doing stats.........

The thing that I often wondered was 'what happens to these, where do they go and why do they need them ?' - one day I asked the HQAC people - was it OK if I sent them Monday morning ? - 'Oh there's no urgency - Wednesday will be fine.................' she said.

The solution - at least 1 permanent FTRS member of staff is obvious (for me). If we are treated as an FTS we should be resourced like an FTS...............

Arc